This is an analysis of the poem Eugowra Rocks that begins with:
It's all about bold Frank Gardiner with the devil in his eye
He said "We've work before us lads we've got to do or die ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXX bb bbcc ddcc XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,2,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010111100010001 111010111110111 1101110010101 1010110011101110 1011101010110111 101110101010101 1101001010101 11010101110101 1101010110111 11111101111111 1111010010110 00110101100101 0101110110111 111001001010011 1101010111101 11101010111010000 11011011001100 111111011001100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 216
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 59 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, we'll are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we'll, so, the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eugowra Rocks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.