This is an analysis of the poem Friendship that begins with:
Friendship needs no studied phrases,
Polished face, or winning wiles;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbc bdbd efef Xbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 1011101 10111010 1011101 10101010 1010001 10101010 1010001 10101010 1010101 10001010 0011001 10101110 1010101 10101010 1010001 10110010 1110101 10101010 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; friendship, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word friendship is repeated.
The author used the same word friendship at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Friendship;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anonymous Americas
- Analysis of Amusing Trial, In Which A Yankee Lawyer Rendered A Just Verdict.
- Analysis of A Sonnet Upon The Pitiful Burning Of The Globe Playhouse In
- Analysis of Another Yankee Doodle