This is an analysis of the poem A Classroom Assignment that begins with:
By Thomas S. Sidney, aged 12 Years...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaX abXc caX bbaa aadd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,3,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 110110110 01011 10010101 11010101 010010111 11010100 1100 11110110 01011 10011101 1111101 1110111 11100101 11110101 01011101 110100101 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Classroom Assignment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.