This is an analysis of the poem The Last Day Of The Year (New Year's Eve) that begins with:
The year at its turn,
the whirring thread unrolls....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcda ebfbfe geeeeg hicica ajejea klglgk adadaa keieik ihXhXi
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101 010110 11010101 11110101 01100001 1101 10111 011101 1110101 111101 11000111 010111 1101 111111 11101111 111101 110110001 0101 0011 1011101 01011101 01111001 1011101 1101 1110 01010101 101101 101011 01011001 0110 101111 0010101 100101101 011111 10101111 01111 1111 1100100 011111 0111101 110011 01011 1001 111101 101011 101100 010101 110101 101111 011101 011001 1111111 111011 1101001
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Last Day Of The Year (New Year's Eve);
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.