This is an analysis of the poem Farewell to Youth that begins with:
As the trembling banished man
Stands at his homeland border...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccdXXc edafbdca XcXccXac acdfccbe ccXXcXcX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100101 1101110 110101 010101 111010 1001110 11010101 10101010 101001 0101010 11101010 11101010 1001010 011111 1110111 11111110 111010001 01110101 10011000 1010001010 0101010 0101 1111010 010101 10101010 0010000 110101 1111110 00100010 10001010 01010110100 11010101 1111101 111110 11000101 111011 10111010 110101 11001010 01011101 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Farewell to Youth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.