This is an analysis of the poem The Fury Of Flowers And Worms that begins with:
Let the flowers make a journey
on Monday so that I can see ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdefgXhieijijXjdjgXddjXdfjdhaiXgbcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 37,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 11111111 1100011 001111 1000110 010011110 1001 11010 1010011 101001010 1011110 101001 01011 111 11110001 1101110011 11011001 111001010 00101 0101110 111010111 1010110101010 1110111011 101 01110101 01100101 1101 1111010 111011 011110 011110 011111 1110111111101 01101010 10111011 110001001 1100011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1162
- Average number of words per stanza: 214
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; moving, would are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words moving, how, they are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase they connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fury Of Flowers And Worms;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anne Sexton
- Analysis of The Hangman
- Analysis of Old Dwarf Heart
- Analysis of The Author Of The Jesus Papers Speaks