This is an analysis of the poem Dreaming The Breasts that begins with:
strange goddess face...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbXcX Xbdefadg efXhiabibbb cgjjhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,11,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 1101 01111 1100010 1111 1111 11101 111 1010001 0101101 0111101101 01101011 0110111 111011 1011 0111111 1101011 10111011 01010 10010 00111111 11100 000101 11010 11001 1100 111011 11101110 11111 11110 11100100 01011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dreaming The Breasts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.