This is an analysis of the poem To The Sun that begins with:
Thou glorious lamp of Space! Thou that dost flood
The void of heaven with brightness! in thy glow... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbcc dadaaaaaa eXeffgfgg hihiigigg cbcbbibii jjjjjkjkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,9,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11001011111 01010010011 10001110111 0101011101 01011100111 0111011101 0110010001101 1101000100 100111010101 1101111111 0101111101 1101010101 1111010111 01001011101 0111010011 0111000101 0111011111 100101011111 1111011111 1101010001 11010001001 11110101010 11010111110 1101110101 11110101010 1101011111 110101110101 1101011011 1100111101 0101111001 010101011011 11001110101 11001000101 1101110011 110010101111 0011011001101 1101111001 01011100111 11001110101 0111010101 11111101001 10110100101 10101011101 1101110101 11110100100101 1101011101 1111111101 11110100001 0101010001 1111001111 1101010101 1111001101 1111010101 0111010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 429
- Average number of words per stanza: 75
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; has, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Sun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.