This is an analysis of the poem On A Picture Of Ruth that begins with:
Fresh, through the mist of ages past,
Thou risest on our view,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcb deaX acXc Xcac dfef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 110111 11010101 111101 11111101 110101 11010101 010100 11010100 110101 11101111 010101 111100101 011101 111101001 100101 11111101 010101 01110111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 129
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; thy is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Picture Of Ruth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.