This is an analysis of the poem On A Picture Of My Father that begins with:
I strive in vain those features to restore
To Memory's faded tablets, which on me,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXabbccdccdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101110001 01001010111 00110011100 1001110111 0111011100 1101110011 1011010101 1111110111 11001110001 1111110111 11110011001 1001010011 0101011101 0101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 598
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Picture Of My Father;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.