This is an analysis of the poem Prologue To A Drama that begins with:
PERFORMED BY A FAMILY PARTY ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF MR. AND MRS. C.'S MARRIAGE
“To wake the soul by tender strokes of art,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabbccddaaeeaaffcceXbbccggaahhiieeddjjeeddhhaaeeffbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,52,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0110100101010100010110110 0101110101 0101010101 111111111010 11010101010 0101010111 11110100101 1101000101 11110001101 0101010111 0101010101 11010010101 1001010111 1101000101 11010011101 1101010011 01001111101 0101010101 01001010101 0101011101 1111010100 1111010111 01110010101 0101110111 0111001111 1111110011 1101100111 1111011101 0101110001 11110101101 1101001101 1111110111 1101000100 1101110101 110011100101 0101010101 1101011101 1100011101 1101001101 1111110101 1111000111 1101110100 1111010010101 1111010101 1101010101 1011010101 1101110101 1101110101 0101000101 11001010101 1101010101 11001010111 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1196
- Average number of words per stanza: 217
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, all, and, our, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prologue To A Drama;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.