This is an analysis of the poem Fragment that begins with:
As the poor schoolboy, when the slow-paced months
Have brought vacation times, and one by one... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbbdXcadXXaXede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011110111 1101011111 0111010111 1101010101 1101110101 10010010101 11010000101 1101110101 0100010101 0101111101 0110010101 1101100101 1101110111 0101010101 10011001 10010111101 1111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 712
- Average number of words per stanza: 129
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word with is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fragment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.