This is an analysis of the poem Celebrate that begins with:
Celebrate our anniversary – can’t you see
tonight the snowy night of our first winter...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaX bcbc dedeXbeeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101110100111 01010101110 11010100111 1101010010 1010101010 0101010101 01010100010 111110111 1110101001 010010101 11101011 01111011 101101001 101110001 101100101 110101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Celebrate;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.