This is an analysis of the poem As A White Stone In The Well's Cool Deepness that begins with:
As a white stone in the well's cool deepness,
There lays in me one wonderful remembrance....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaX bcbc adda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011001110 11011100010 11110111010 00110111010 11111100010 0011110101 10011101010 11110010001 1101110110 10011100110 10100110100 01010001010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 171
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of As A White Stone In The Well's Cool Deepness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Anna Akhmatova
- Analysis of Song Of The Final Meeting
- Analysis of But Listen, I Am Warning You
- Analysis of And As It's Going