This is an analysis of the poem Evanescence that begins with:
You are like a pale purple flower
In the blue spring dusk...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX XaXXXX XaXaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,6,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 111011010 001011 1110101 10110 011011 111010 001 010101 1111110 10 1 10 1 0101110 011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 120
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Evanescence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Angelina Weld Grimké
- Analysis of Tenebris
- Analysis of For the Candle Light
- Analysis of When The Green Lies Over The Earth