This is an analysis of the poem Tender Confessions that begins with:
When I think of how life used to be,
how I always hid in the shadows, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcacdbXXaXaXXaaXdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111011100 111110011 100011010 11110111101 1111111 1101011 111110001 11011111 1110110101 111011101 11110101 110111101 101110011 11110101 100111 1101011 111101001 1010111011 0010011 111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 656
- Average number of words per stanza: 137
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, for are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines love is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tender Confessions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.