This is an analysis of the poem Mourning that begins with:
You, that decipher out the Fate
Of humane Off-springs from the Skies,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd Xebe afaf gXgX hghg bdXd bfbf ijij
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 001101001 11110101 010010101 01011101 01010111 11010001 01010111 11000101 11100101 10101101 11011101 11010101 01110101 10010101 01010101 11111001 01010101 11010101 0111101 11010101 11110101 11010111 11000101 111101101 00110101 110111000 10010001 111101001 11111101 11011101 11010101 11110101 01011101 11111101 00000111
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mourning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Andrew Marvell
- Analysis of A Dialogue Between Thyrsis And Dorinda
- Analysis of Cromwell's Return
- Analysis of The Unfortunate Lover