This is an analysis of the poem A Highly Valuable Chain Of Thoughts that begins with:
HAD cigarettes no ashes,
And roses ne'er a thorn, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBXcXbAB ABccabAB XbXXXbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 110101 1110010 0111110 1011110 011101 1101110 110101 1101110 110101 0111110 0100010 1101010 111101 1101110 110101 111100 110111 1101100 0101010 1100101 110001 1101110 1100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word had at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word thorn at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Highly Valuable Chain Of Thoughts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.