This is an analysis of the poem In that begins with:
When we first heard from blocks away
the fog truck's blustery roar,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba XcXc XdXd XcecXedbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110101 0111001 11111011 110101 001101010 110001 01010101 000101011 01110101 011101 11110100 0101010 1010101 1111110 10110101 111110 01110111 0111110 11010101 0100010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.