This is an analysis of the poem Tears Of The Fatherland that begins with:
So, now we are destroyed; utterly; more than utterly!
The gang of shameless peoples, the maddening music of war,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabcadcddXbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11110110011100 010101001001001 011010100001 1011111010101 101110101111 0110010011101 11110101111 10111111101 1111110101101 0111011110101 1111110110101 1111001010110011 1100101110110 1110001011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 795
- Average number of words per stanza: 135
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 56 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tears Of The Fatherland;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Andreas Gryphius
- Analysis of Tränen Des Vaterlandes
- Analysis of Grabschrift Marianae Gryphiae,
- Analysis of Es Ist Alles Eitel