This is an analysis of the poem Pomegrante that begins with:
Let me tell you of the pomegrante; of its juice,
sourish like the juice of green raspberries;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXbbXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100100001 1010101110 0111001001 0101010 0010001 0010010 010001010 01100 0110 1011000101 1011000100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 386
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, its are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word its is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pomegrante;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.