This is an analysis of the poem Erichthon that begins with:
J'apprends, pour disputer un prix si glorieux,
Le bel art d'Érichthon, mortel prodigieux...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10110011110 0111010100 11110111010 1011101011100 111110001 11010100010 1101111110100 110111100100 01010111100 001110101011 1101111100110 11011101110 1011111100 100100111000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 330
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Erichthon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Andre Marie de Chenier
- Analysis of Allez, Mes Ver, Allez
- Analysis of Aux Deux Freres Trudaine
- Analysis of A Marie-Anne-Charlotte Corday