This is an analysis of the poem Two Travellers In The Place Vendome that begins with:
Reign of Louis Philippe
A great tall column spearing at the sky... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aaa aaX bbX ccc ccc ddd eee fff eee gggXggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1010010 0111010101 001011110111 11010101011111 101101010001 1101001101 111101101 1111111101 1101111011 01011101101 1110111010101 010011011101 1110100110101 110010101101 111010110101 0101010100101 1101010011011 1101010001101 10101001111 11011101111111 11110111111101 1000010101110001 111111001100101 01011101101101 11010101111001 010100111101101 1111110111111 10101010010001 101010110101 101110100111 01110101110101 11010111010111 11010111010101 1000101111101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 146
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; why, i, there are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two Travellers In The Place Vendome;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.