This is an analysis of the poem The Captured Goddess that begins with:
Over the housetops,
Above the rotating chimney-pots,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcbb dded eaeeX fbgXXaXdeXce hXhfecXd hcba bXcga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,4,5,12,8,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100 010110101 1110100100 111100110 010 101100101 1101 11010010 111111 11010101 0101 10 111001 1101110 101010001 110011 010111001 1111111 1101010 1010010010 10101101 101100100 1010100010 01010101010 011010100 110 111010001 0010110 0101010 0010111010 11100 010101000101 111011 111011 0111 110010 11001011 01001 1111010101 0101 101111 10111011 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Captured Goddess;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.