This is an analysis of the poem La Vie De Boheme that begins with:
Alone, I whet my soul against the keen
Unwrinkled sky, with its long stretching blue.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbcXXXcdacXecXddf ccfeccccX geeghfhhef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,9,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111110101 1001001101 1100011111 1100001101 0001001111 10100 1100 10001 0101110 1101110001 0111010101 1011011101 111101 01010101101 1101010111 1011 11100010011 1101 1001010 0111110 101100101 1101001101 10110 11001101110 010001100100 100111010100 1010001000 110111010101 0101010101 0101011101 01110010101 0100011010 01011111 11001101010 01010100010 010001 101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 437
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, of, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Vie De Boheme;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Amy Lowell
- Analysis of Clear, With Light, Variable Winds
- Analysis of In Answer To A Request
- Analysis of Convalescence