This is an analysis of the poem Apology that begins with:
Be not angry with me that I bear
Your colours everywhere, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ddeedd ccbbXX ddfffX ggbbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011001111 110101 111101 11 110101001 1111 1101001101 101111 110100 11 11100111 1111 0111010111 100101 111101 11 110100111 1001 0110010101 11011 11010101 11 10111001 11100 110101000100 110100 101111 11 110111000 11100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 247
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Apology;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.