This is an analysis of the poem Constancy that begins with:
Dull were the days and sober,
The mountains were brown and bare,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac dXdX efef gfgf hihi jhjh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110 0100111 101011010 1011001 01010110 00100101 111010010 110111 10111110 0010111 10100010 0010111 01011010 0100101 1110011010 01011001 1110010 11001011 010111010 1110100 0010110011 01001000 1111010011 0101111 1011101110 01001011 1011011110 01001001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 132
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her, to are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase if connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Constancy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.