This is an analysis of the poem Últimos Versos that begins with:
Na tristeza do céu, na tristeza do mar,
eu vi a lua cintilar....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XabXXXXcXcdaXXXXXXXdXXXXbXXXXXXXbad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,35,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011110011 11010100 10101000 11010100 101000 1011100100 10 10 101 010001 11110 010010 10111000100 10101001010 10 10011010001 10111 0111010010 100100111 1110010 10100101100 1110 10100101010 1100101 101100100110 1101100101 101100100110 1101000 11101100 10011010010 11100111 110101100 1110 110011010110 1110 111110011 100100110 11100 101 1010010 010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 489
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Últimos Versos;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.