This is an analysis of the poem Encontrei-Te Era O Mes that begins with:
Encontrei-te. Era o mês... Que importa o mês? agosto,
Setembro, outubro, maio, abril, janeiro ou março,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAXX XaaA bXb XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011011110011010 1001001001011110 101111001111110 1110101110100100 110001010101110 110001110100110 1011101110110010 1001001001011110 1001101010111 10111110110010110 1011011001101101 110110101100 1001011011011010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 158
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word que is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Encontrei-Te Era O Mes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alphonsus de Guimaraens
- Analysis of Hão De Chorar Por Ela Os Cinamomos...
- Analysis of Ocaso
- Analysis of O Cinamomo Floresce...