This is an analysis of the poem The Trout Map that begins with:
The Management Area of Cherokee
National Forest, interested in fish,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabbcd eeffaa Xghhbb fdifdX gjkXjg aXXccXiiffkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01001000101 10010100001 111001110 1110001010 10111011 0101110100 010110101 101111101 0101011001 1111101 0101000101 110101000011 11010111010 010011010 10110101110 101111010 11101001011 11011010111 11110101010 110100100100 10001101111 0110111101 010100110010 0110110011 1101110101 0101100001 1011010101 1110110100 01010110101 01111110000 10101011101 010101100 11010011111 1011101101 1011010111 10011011010 1101100101 11010100001 1001110101 11000010101 01001010111 110010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Trout Map;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.