This is an analysis of the poem The Meaning Of Death that begins with:
An After-Dinner Speech
I rise, gentlemen, it is the pleasant hour....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ab cdede feXadf Xdgdhh Xffeeihjjccg XXgddbdigbhdXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,2,5,6,6,12,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110101 111000001010 101011 1111 1101111101 01101110111 1111100101 1101111101 1111010101 1011010101 11001010101 110101101010 1101110011 1011010101 0101000101 0111111101 1010111001 0101100101 1110110111 00110001 011 0110010101 1101000101 1101010101 1100111110 110000111010 1110111011 01110101101 110110100011 10101011101 0100111101 011011100 1001 0101001010100 01010010000100 10011101100 00100001011 101010101 01001100011 100011100 1101111 001111100 10011101001 11011001100 1101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 216
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; light, be, of are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Meaning Of Death;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.