This is an analysis of the poem The Eagle that begins with:
Say never the strong heart
In the consuming breath...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb cXcX daXa aefe faXa XgcgXadad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011 000101 111001 0101 110101 0100110 11001 0101010 111110 00101 0101011 1101 110001 10101 010101 101101 011010 10011 10110 110001 1101110 1001101 100111 110001 11111 1101001 10011 11001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 96
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Eagle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.