This is an analysis of the poem Sonnets Of The Blood V that begins with:
Our elder brother whom we had not seen
These twenty years until you brought him back...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdceXeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101011111 1100011111 0010011110 1101010001 1111101100 1101011011 0111110101 0100111001 1001011011 1101010101 0110110111 1111111101 1101010011 0100111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 581
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnets Of The Blood V;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Allen Tate
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Blood V
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Blood Vi
- Analysis of Sonnets Of The Blood Vii