This is an analysis of the poem Obituary that begins with:
In memory of S. B. V., 1834-1909
... so what the lame four-poster gathered here...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXb cbdc eaea cbX e dfeef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,3,1,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0100011111 1101110101 0101011101 100100110101 10110100101 10101010111 1001001100 10110111 101110101 1101011101 01001010101 11010011101 01011011101 110100101 0011010111 0101000111 1010010101 1111010100 01001000101 110100100101 1101101 1011110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Obituary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.