This is an analysis of the poem Death Of Little Boys that begins with:
When little boys grown patient at last, weary,
Surrender their eyes immeasurably to the night,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaba cbcb dede fgfgXfafa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11011101110 0101101010001 00101010101 11010100101 11011011101 1111010001 10101010101 01110100111 11001010001001 01001010111 0111010101 0101110101 1101100111 11101000101 011111011101 11010100101 0111101101 10011010101 10011111110 10010100101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Death Of Little Boys;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.