This is an analysis of the poem On The Conduct Of The World Seeking Beauty Against Government that begins with:
Is that the only way we can become like Indians, like Rhinoceri,
like Quartz Crystals, like organic farmers, like what we imagine ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcXXXXXXbcdXadaXaaaeXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101011101110011000 1110101010111010 1011001011001001 0101010101011011 010101111010110 11001001111100110 001000101001010011 111101101001110 010011010101101110111 11010010110010110100 00110101010110101 11 01101001010010001110111010 10010110 01 111011010101001000 1 11000010101011110101 10 10101010100100001010100 01 110110010111011100100 1011001000 1010001101001100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1317
- Average number of words per stanza: 226
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 54 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; like, his, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Conduct Of The World Seeking Beauty Against Government;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.