This is an analysis of the poem Cia Dope Calypso that begins with:
In nineteen hundred forty-nine
China was won by Mao Tse-tung...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc B b ddaa cB aaaabB Xeff bB ggff bb XXff bb gg aX bb eedd cb bXeX cb XbggXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,1,1,4,2,6,4,2,4,2,4,2,2,2,2,4,2,4,2,7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01110101 10111111 11110101 10101011101 01010111 1011111 11100101 1001110101 111110101 01010001001 101001101 01010111 1111111 01110111 101000111 1100110101 100100111 01010111 001011101 11011111 1010101 1101000011 0110101101 01010111 1111011011 1100111011 1001101001 1001111101 1110100111 1010111 101011101 01111011 10011111 11001101101 1001110101 11010100111 01101010010 11010010010 10100010111110010100 11101110100 101000101 11010110111 101110011 10101010101 10101001111 0111010101 0100101010101 010101000111 110100111 1111110101 10100101 01010011011 11100011101 010111001111 101010100100110 11011100101011 101011110101 101000110111101 10100100010101 11010100111
- Amount of stanzas: 21
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, he, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same words the, all at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word cia at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cia Dope Calypso;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.