This is an analysis of the poem Sea Song that begins with:
A wet sheet and a flowing sea,
A wind that follows fast, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcaca XacacaXa Xdcdcaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 011101 11011101 110101 11010111 110101 01001111 110101 11011101 110111 11010101 111101 11110111 001111 01010011 110111 1100111 110011 11010100 010101 01010111 010101 101011100 110001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 247
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words a, and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sea Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.