This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
THE LIGHT of spring
On the emerald earth,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacdEd dfcfXgEg ehXhccbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001 101001 0101 10101 0101 10101 0111 0111 1101 0101 1101 00101 01011 0101 0111 0111 1001 0111 1111 1111 1011 1101 11010 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 150
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.