This is an analysis of the poem In Sark that begins with:
Abreast and ahead of the sea is a crag's front cloven asunder
With strong sea-breach and with wasting of winds whence terror is... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXaB bXbXabbaB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01101001001110010 01111010011100 1 10110100100101101 10 01101 1010010101110111 11001101101101100 11110100100101 11101110011010110 0100100100110111 0101100100110111 10 01101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 219
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Sark;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.