This is an analysis of the poem The Loom Of Years that begins with:
In the light of the silent stars that shine on the struggling sea,
In the weary cry of the wind and the whisper of flower and tree, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eebb bXbb ffbb ggaaXddbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0010010111101001 00101001101001011 1001010100101 11010010110100 010010101100101 0100100100101111 111110111101 0010011101100101 01011011011111 1111100101011111 110110101101111 1011010010110100 01100110101001 101100101010101 11100101100101 1110010110111 101110010001101 11101001001101001 10110101101111 1011010010110100 110011110101001 101011101011 101001001001001001 010010100100101 10010001100101 1001010110001 10011100101001 110010010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 63 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in, and, one, that, pass, to, its, with are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, pass, one are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Loom Of Years;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.