This is an analysis of the poem Dead Man's Morrice that begins with:
There came a crowder to the Mermaid Inn,
One dark May night,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcaCA dedecaCA fafacacA efefcaCA gfgfcacA ahahcaCA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101000111 1111 1001111101 0101 0111111101 0101 1111111111 1101 0111110101 1101 1011001101 1111 0111110101 1111 1111111111 1101 1111010101 1101 1011111101 1101 1001100111 1101 1111111111 1101 11110011101 1011 1111010101 1111 10110101101 1101 1111111111 1101 1101001101 1111 1101010111 1001 11010011111 01111 1111111111 1101 1101100101 0101 11010010101 0111 1101110101 1101 1111111111 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 264
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; look, of, those, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word vain at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Dead Man's Morrice;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.