This is an analysis of the poem After-Thought that begins with:
I thought of Thee, my partner and my guide,
As being past away. -Vain sympathies!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbacddcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101110111 1101011100 1101011111 1111101001 1101111101 0101010101 1101010101 1110110101 0100110001 01010011110 01111101010 10101010111 1111110101 1111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 620
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of After-Thought;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.