This is an analysis of the poem Tell Me Not Here, It Needs Not Saying that begins with:
Tell me not here, it needs not saying,
What tune the enchantress plays... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXb XdadXd bbebcb ddXded cfXfaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101110 1101001 010101010 110101 111101010 111101 110111010 011101 011111110 010101 11001100010 111111 110001010 010101 110101010 111101 110101110 110101 101101010 010101 110101011 110111 110101010 110101 110101010 010111 110111011 111111 110101010 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word on at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tell Me Not Here, It Needs Not Saying;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.