This is an analysis of the poem Truant that begins with:
HiDE all your snares, vain town
Gilded with cross and crown, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXX bbcc bbXc ddbb bXee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111 100111 111101 011100 101111 110101 1100101 011011 101101 010001 101110 100000 101101 010001 101101 001101 111011 01010101 1111001 011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 108
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Truant;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.