This is an analysis of the poem L'Esprit Parisien that begins with:
Esprit parisien ! démon du Bas-Empire !
Vieux sophiste épuisé qui bois, toutes les nuits,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX abba XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01100101100 1101111011 111110100110 110010110111 110010101001 01111111010 11000111111 10101111010 11111011111 1110011110 11101111111 01010111101 1111001110 1110111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of L'Esprit Parisien;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.