This is an analysis of the poem The Death Of Huss that begins with:
In the streets of Constance was heard the shout,
``Masters! bring the arch-heretic out!''... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbbbb ccddaa bbbbee ffeeXX aagghh fXeeiX iijjXX bbkkgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0010101101 101011001 0110100101 1010010101 100101101 1010010101 000100111 0111101001 0101001111 10110110111 1010011111 10110101100 0010010111 1110100111 100100111 010010101 011111101 110101101 1100101101 1111110111 1110100101 11111001011 10100110101 111100110 00100110101 1010100101 010101101 10110111 1110100101 110110101 1111101111 011010100 100100101 11001101011 1100101111 111100111 11101011101 1100101101 1101000111 010011111 111100101 0010010000 1100111101 10100101101 111011011001 1101000101 1011100111 10100111001
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, to, he, my, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words his, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word '' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Death Of Huss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.