This is an analysis of the poem Spiritual Love that begins with:
Could you but give me all that I desire,
I should be richer, and you no more poor,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefffee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 11111111010 1101011111 01010101110 1101111001 1111011111 1101010001 1101011100 1111110011 1111010011 010010000111 1111000101 0101000101 11111101000 0111110001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 583
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Spiritual Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.