This is an analysis of the poem Cantiga De Escarnio: that begins with:
O que foi passar a serra
e non quis servir a terra, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXaX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXaXXX X bXcdeC fXXeXC XfXdcC bXaeXC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,1,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110010 11110010 1010010 11000 1110011010 10010 11101100 11111000 1111100 11000 11111000 10010 11101100 11011000 111010 11000 111101100 10010 11101100 11011010 1110110 11000 1111100 10010 10 11110010 101101101 010111101 1110 11101111 1101 1111010 010101001 00011101001 11101 11111001 1101 11101100 110100100 11101001001 01110 101111011 1101 1110101 0010110101 11011001010 01101 11111110 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cantiga De Escarnio:;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Alfonso X El Sabio
- Analysis of Cantiga De Santa Maria, No. 100
- Analysis of Cantiga No. 60,
- Analysis of Cantiga De Santa Maria No. 194