This is an analysis of the poem In vain I hide my heart's fierce pain that begins with:
In vain I hide my heart's fierce pain,
In vain pretend to inner calm....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdefaf dgXhiaac jdgXibje iikhkXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01111111 01010101 110101010 11110111 11111111 01010100 1111101 1111100 10010101 1101101 11110001 11101010 1100011001 0111111010 01010101010 1111110110 1101111101 101111101 01001100110 011111111 1101010011 110110111 1001101010 0101010101 11111001001 11011101010 111111111 1111001010 1111110011 010110101110 1101101010 1110011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 302
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my, to, you, for, i'm are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, i, you, perhaps, i'm are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In vain I hide my heart's fierce pain;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.